Shower pump keeps blowing fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Aqualisa Mach 340 shower pump which has been working fine for the last 3 years until last week when the plug fuse blew. I changed the fuse 3 times and they all blew.

Can anyone suggest what could be the problem to cause the fuse to keep blowing?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Pump on the way out ? , If its bearings are going and the Impellor has any resistance to spiining it will cause the Fuse to blow

Lucky

Thanks. I find it hard to beleive that this could be the case only after 3 years. What is the normal life of a shower pump of this make/model.
could the bearings be changed?

If there is an obvious problem where both water and electricity are involved in a situarion where contact is guaranteed, you might want to have a think if maybe paying for a sparky with the proper test equipment to see if you are not at risk of electrocution would be worth it.

Do you have a valid certificate to confirm that the pump was installed in compliance with bs 7671?
Pump run from a rcd?
Supplementary bonding present and tested?

Sponsored Links
Afternoon,

I would try connecting the pump to another power outlet.
Also, have a quick check the inlet filters to the pump - if there is debris inside, this could be the early indicators and the impellers could also be jammed.
Remove the impeller housings and check to see if the impeller can spin freely.
Remove the top cover plate and check for any visible sings of damage on the PCB - e.g Indicators of shorting out.

Replacement PCB's and impellers are available from Aqualisa.

Alternatively, you could always give our Customer Service Department a call on 01959 560010. Monday - Friday 8.30am-5.00pm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back