Shower Pump Leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have just found that my shower pump appears to be leaking and although not coming through the ceiling below, as I am managing to keep it soaked up, it obviously needs looking at! The question is, before I manage to get a plumber, will turning off the switch located next to the pump help and should I turn ALL the water off at the mains?
Any help gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
Err valves????
Could take a picture but how do I attach it?
Sorry :oops:

Sponsored Links
their should be isolating valves on the ends of the flexis
how you would get at them is another matter

only other two options are
have a look where the head tank is they might be there

tie the ball valve up on the head tank and drain it :cry:

Sorry to be dim but would the head tank be in the loft? Guess it gives me the push to actually peek up there, have only been here 3 months and still havent looked! How bad am I ???

Kev the Plumber
Turned out to be the vibrations from the shower pump working the attached hoses loose, hence water was escaping! Still, that is one job that I will now be able to do in the future and thanks for all your help!
By the way, did have a quick reconnaissance in the loft and I can confirm that the spiders are friendly down London way! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back