Shower Pump not shutting off - Newteam Varispeed IPX4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Recently our shower pump has been taking longer and longer to shut off after the shower has been turned off. Over the last few weeks it has been taking upto an hour to shut off. Today it has been running constantly since the shower was used this morning (about 8 hours). I turned it off at the mains and turned it on again and it was still running.

Just now after checking some posts I had a look at the top of the pump, I was looking for a sensitivity adjustment but there isn`t one. What I did find was a boost level guage, out of desperation I have reduced this down to about half way; turned the mains back on-no pump, turned the shower on-pump, turn the shower off-pump turns off.... hurrah... FIXED??

My question is, Should turning the boost down resolve in this way or is it just a co-incidence? Is the pump on its way out and I`ll have to gradually keep reducing boost to keep it working? Is it about to explode/cause a leak?

Advice much appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance!

Gahu

Sponsored Links
shouldn't really afect the pump it is only a flow speed adjuster.

sounds more like a reed switch sticking in the outlet pipe.

That's what I thought, started rumbling about half hour later anyway so obviously a co-incidence. Is the reed switch or oiler pipe swappable or is it a new pump?

Sponsored Links
That's great thanks I'll give it a go! Do I need to shut off the water supply first?

TVM

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back