shower pump or digital

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im doing up bathroom and took down the leccy shower as want something with more flow.

my cylinder is approx 8 foot from head of water , i was going to install a shower pump and pipe the water via plastic pipe under the floor or up into loft then down to shower ( the shower head will be about 300mm from ceiling. and they will gave there own feeds.

ive heard it might not give good flow or pump might not kick in , so im looking at digital showers , like the mira platinum pumped.

will this be ok in loft or at boiler ( 5 feet from boiler), with piping going up loft and to the unit. or will there be draw backs ?

i want a good flow. my cwst is 50g , my cylinder is 112 i think, my rising main flow per min is 18.5

any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
To give us an idea, what was the electric shower you had before that did not give you enough flow?

it was a gainsburg 10.5 kw, it had ok flow (was from mains fed), i just want to change to a boiler one so it looks neater in my 700x700 shower cubical.

better not to have a big plastic box hanging off wall, and the boiler is on anyway , so this is a way to use the excess hot water

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back