Shower pump or whole house pump?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for some advice on my shower installation. The shower is located in the bathroom which is upstairs, however, the hot water tamk is located downstairs. Cold water tank is in the loft.

1. Can I use just a shower pump upstairs, will it be able to pull the water up from the tank?

2. If I use a WHP downstairs next to the hot water tank will it have enough power for the shower by the time it gets upstairs?

Thanks for any advice, Simon

Sponsored Links
if your just running a shower use a shower pump not a pump for the whole house.
it doesn't pull the water from the cylinder its fed by gravity from the tank in the loft.

if your just running a shower use a shower pump not a pump for the whole house.
it doesn't pull the water from the cylinder its fed by gravity from the tank in the loft.

Thanks for the reply but what about the hot water which comes from downstairs?

as i said yes the cylinder is down stairs but the cws tank that feeds it is in the loft so that where you take your height from.

how do you think your getting the hot from the taps in the bathroom if the cylinder is lower than the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
Well, you can tell I'm not a plumber!
Sorry for appearing to be so dim but I think I understand now.
It's just that everything I've read about shower pumps says they have to be located close to the hot water cylinder. In your opinion, would it be OK locating the pump in the bathroom, close to the shower?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back