Shower Pump Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got called to a faulty shower today, Existing shower pump has gave up.

The pump that's fitted is a salamander negative pressure 1.5 bar unit.

Now the pump sits below the storage tank by at least 2.4m on the floor below, The shower head is above pump height but below the storage tank, Am I correct it saying that it should be a positive pressure pump that is fitted here ?

The customer said the shower hasn't been great from day 1, could this be down to the wrong pump being fitted or would this have no adverse effect on the shower performance ?

Sponsored Links
The pump doe's nothing at all when the shower is turned on, I get nothing out of the shower unit at all.

Is there water going to the pump?

Is the pump plugged in and turned on?

Is there power internally on the pump?

If yes to all of above then try and lower the hand set of the shower to lay in the bath/shower tray.

Does the pump come on now? You could have an air lock.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Yeah water to inlet of pump on both sides.

Pump plugged in and pump lights up.

Turn off power to the pump and disconnect the outlet from the pump and fit a hose/pipe work into a bucket, now turn on the power to the pump. Does the pump, pump water into the bucket? if so then there is an air lock.

You can clear an air lock with a wet vac from wickes.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back