Shower Pump Question about pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Twin impeller pump 1.5 bar . I only need one side in theory but could do with more pressure, if a cross link the outlet on one side to inlet on other can I get 3.0 bar outlet pressure? (one inlet and one outlet)

Sponsored Links
No you will just wreck the seals on the inlet to the pump.

Adding centrifugal pumps in series does add the pressure together.. but if the seals aren't built for 3 bar plus on the inlet side then it will fail.

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
Adding centrifugal pumps in series does add the pressure together.. but if the seals aren't built for 3 bar plus on the inlet side then it will fail.

Nozzle

What if it "T"ed into and out of the pump?

Then it would be in parallel and you would have 1.5 pressure but twice the flow.

Lets start again, what exactly is wrong with your shower?

It will not work as there is only one motor with same speed for both impeller meaning the 2nd impeller remain the same pressure / flow as the first impeller doing the job.

Daniel.

How is the water heated for your shower?

From a combi at mains pressure?

Or is the shower electric?

You need to give us ALL the details so we can give solutions that you may never have considered.

If the pump is a good quality and they are made in 3 bar versions then I would expect that the seals are all the same and that it would only be a very small risk to put each end in series.

But on the other hand if its a cheap plastic pump then it could be quite risky

Tony

You need to give us ALL the details so we can give solutions that you may never have considered.

If the pump is a good quality and they are made in 3 bar versions then I would expect that the seals are all the same and that it would only be a very small risk to put each end in series.

Tony

Tony

The shower is mains pressure electric and there isn't enough water pressure to trip the showers internal switch for heating . Bought a 1.5 bar pump today, but its wrong because its only good for working with tanked cold water!

What is the pressures off the main? Running and standing pressures?

What the make of shower? Need to know so I can check min pressure to start a shower.

Have you check inlet filter is clear?

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back