Grundfos Home Booster

Thanks, Tony, I will do that. The Schrader valve is bloody awkward to get to as it's behind the pump to the left. My pork sausage fingers struggle to get onto it so I will extend it when I have time.

Off for a couple of weeks away from this damn awful weather - again thankyou all for your wise counsel. A pleasure to talk to true professionals.

Regards

John

Sponsored Links
Hi, I installed a second hand Grundfos home booster but it has stopped and displays "Status S".

Before it stopped it was pulsing on and off at a pretty high frequency - I wan't there at the time.

I live in the middle of nowhere so am wary of getting Grundfos or their subcontractors out.

1) does anyone know what Status S signifies ?
2) how would I find a service agent ( other than Grundfos ) that actually knows this kit ?
3) mine has quite a fancy LCD programmer but some of the literature shows a simpler programmer - is mine an older model ?

Appreciate your help

p.s. I have tried swapping over to the B Controller and enabling the "B pump" with no success.

I have had similar issues over the years. The pulsing can be caused by a number of things but in my case was a control board component failure. Replacement of the board by Grundfos was my option.

My unit has a single line LDC display and shouts for 'Service' alternating with the fault condition when it has a fault. could be that is what the S means on yours?

These units are great when they work but particularly unreliable. Make sure you have a correctly installed bypass valve arrangement for emergencies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back