Shower pump won't pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Showerforce 3 bar twin shower pump buzzes when I turn a tap on but will not run. Situated within bath panel below level of cylinder (no room near cylinder), 22m pipes. Inlet head = 2.3m, top of hot water cylinder to bottom of cold tank=1.3m.
Have replumbed pump outlet straight into bath, pressure good with pump off but still won’t go. Thought the pump was faulty so replaced it: no go. Previous 1.5 bar pump works (15mm pipes) but poor pressure through single lever tap into shower head. Have used Vax to clear air from system.
I've run out of ideas.[/img]

Sponsored Links
Davidgpa said:
Thought the pump was faulty so replaced it
I would have done the same thing.

Same symptom, or different? No whooshing or anything?

Edit: corrected stupid typo. :oops:

My Showerforce 3 bar twin shower pump buzzes when I turn a tap on but will not run.
It sounds like it's failed, perhaps one of the impellers is jammed. Are you saying a second pump did exactly the same thing? If it's located under a bath should it not be low voltage? Have you connected a mains voltage pump to a low voltage supply, or vice versa?

Same model pump, I can hear the solenoid click when I turn on the tap, then it just buzzes just like the replaced one.
Uses mains not low voltage, cable is protected from water access.

Sponsored Links
I think you have two faulty pumps.

Was the second one brand new?

Second one brand new, first should have been but cannot be certain (ebay).
Sounds like I should return the second one as faulty and get a replacement.

Have you checked you actually have 240v there, had it where there is a loose/broken neutral it will allow certain amount of current through but not enough to allow to work

How did I know, with 90% certainty, that eBay would feature in this story at some point? ;)

Thank you Namsag, you cracked it.
I ran a new cable and it hummed louder. Tried again after much blue language and it worked.
Many many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back