Shower pump questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and girls

Got a few questions regarding shower pumps. Need to fit a shower pump to accomodate a new shower going in. Have a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard, so obviously need a pump to get an adequate pressure.

Now I was going to install the pump next to the cylinder (seems obvious place for it), but can I then run the pipework up into the attic and drop down into the shower room or do I need to lift the floorboards and run it along the floor. Shower room and cylinder are on same floor.

Secondly whats the difference between negative head and positive head?

Lastly any good recommendations for makes and any to avoid.

Ta

Sponsored Links
you can run the pump up and over with no problems, negative head is for when you have not enough height between the HW cylinder and the cold tank in the loft, you may be better of with negative head if the cold tank is in the loft ( not elevated ) and the HW cyliner is on the floor below, pump make, Stuart turner or Salamander

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Blimey that was quick.

And concise, just what I need.

You think 1.5 bar would be sufficient? I've noticed that they have higher bar pumps as well, any reasons to go higher?

Noticed that you both said negative haed, yet link is to a positive?!!

Anyway thanks for responses.

Ah one more thing, when would the tank and the pump be on the same floor?

Loft conversion maybe or bungalow I suppose

you even gave him a link, very nice :D

Yer, I gave the link and you got the thanks. :D (and now I have it)

1.5 is fine for a shower, you could go to 2bar. Higher pumps are normally for greater outputs.

The link is for a system where you have the cold water tank above the shower.

Andy

You've confused me now because you both said that negative head was for when the CWSC was above the shower.

Yet the link goes to a positive head and that shows the CWSC above.

Confused

And you both got thanked at the same time.

cw tank can be above but if it's not far enough above you will have intermittent faults, get negative head.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back