Shower Pump

Thanks for your replies and help. Sorry for the negative outburst but I am looking for help and could not care less for comments like Richard C's.

Thanks for your positive and very helpful replies IEP and Technotim.

Pump is roughly 4 metres from the tank and and pipes are 22mm. Bathroom sink is teed off before pump, along with Kitchen sink.

You talk about "pulling" water but my understanding is that these pumps just push????

Technotim......i guessed this is why i get the cut in and do beleive you but what is the cure if a cure is even required (i.e. will it cause any detriment)? - NRV ???

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry for the negative outburst but I am looking for help and could not care less for comments like Richard C's.
What is it about my post that upset you so much :?: as I said & others have noticed, I was actually trying to help you but was unclear exactly where you were with it. Ive had a little look through your previous threads/posts, you havn't made that many but it seems to me that you have a bit of an attitude problem M8; you get rather abusive when things don't go your way or someone asks embarassing questions & this isn’t the 1st time you’ve had a rant & slagged off regular contributors, presumably because you didn’t get the answer you were expecting, hardly the route to take to get sound advice from regular contributors who are mostly in the trade.

You have no idea when I work or how often but that’s not really relevant; what is relevant is the advice I give & yes it is on a daily basis but I certainly won’t respond to your please for help next time & I would advise others to follow suit. You seem to be an arrogant “I know best” piece of sh ite! well if you know best, why is it you seem to have so many problems you need sorting out. :rolleyes:

4 meters of 22mm allows for a lot of water movement hence pump activating, try fitting an nrv to the outlet of the pump on the hot side, I cannot say this will work for sure. Normally this solution is to stop hunting generated from long pipe runs after the pump.

As you are aware the only correct solution is to move the pump to near the source of the hot water and do not have any thing other than a thermostatic shower valve on the other end as that is what the CT's are designed for.

Go on do it properly you know you want too!

:cool:

As you are aware the only correct solution is to move the pump to near the source of the hot water and do not have any thing other than a thermostatic shower valve on the other end as that is what the CT's are designed for.

Go on do it properly you know you want too!
:cool:
I’m pretty sure he doesn’t :rolleyes: ;)

Sponsored Links
Techno timI knew from the outset that an independent supply would be the best option but due to limited time and much thinking I thought "well this should work"! And if it will work I cant see the point of all the extra work/cost?

Is this set up really that bad?

Basically it will always be problematic yes.

why do you not remove the pump from where it is, stick it in the airing cupboard, when it burns out which it will when pumping separate hot and cold taps buy a rhp50 http://www.salamander-pumps.com/rhp50-twin-whole-house-pump.html

Here is an article I have written to explain how to pump whole house but it could be just a whole bathroom it is the same principle http://www.salamander-pumps.com/how-to/install-whole-house-pumps.html

Doing this will save you from running separate pipes and ruining the work that you might have done and the rhp50 is a hell of a lot quieter than the ct pump you have.

Thanks Technotim

Am considering these options.......

To really confuse matters Salamander replied to an email query saying that fitting an nrv on the supply pipe to the pump will do the trick.!

Confusing as posts above suggest never to do this lol....

Well all I can say is it will invalidate the guarantee and will certainly give you other issues, who @ salamander sent you this, I will speak to them for you tomorrow and get this cleared up. first name and second initial will do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back