Shower pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi looking for some help fitting a shower pump.I have my cold feed from tank in loft on a still age. My hot feed is is just below the t on the vent pipe.and goes up to the pump above the cylinder. I have been having problems with shower cycling on and off .should the pump be lower down near the bottom of the cylinder. Bearing I mind I have to take pipework back up into loft and feed about 3 metre across loft before dropping down into mixer.the shower did work quite well for 5 years so not sure if shower is broke or getting air into system.

Sponsored Links
So you fit a shower pump recently?
A shower pump should only feed the shower it seems like from what you writ that it’s boosting all your hot water outlets and not just your shower. I maybe reading it wrong but this is because you’ve connected the pump outlet directly off the cylinders draw off and not the specific feed to the shower only. In some circumstances this can be tricky unless you fit the shower pump directly by the shower. Not a good idea to have 240 ac in a bathroom unless wired to an separate RCD.

no i think you have read it wrong the pump is for the shower only and is in the airing cupboard Cold inlet to pump is from cold water tank in loft,Hot inlet to pump is off the vent pipe just below the tee,and both outlets go to hot and cold conecrtions on mixer tap

The way you just described it above makes it sound like your shower pump is now pumping to all hot water outlets and not just the shower feed.

Sponsored Links
Your mixer showers valve could be passing causing water to mix inside valve instead of showers outlet hose causing pump to fail.

Yes of course but the feed to the shower from the pump needs to be disconnected from the draw off so as it doesn’t feed other hot water outlets. The only reasons I can think for your shower pump sporadically pumping is incorrect installation,faulty flow switch or your showers mixer valve passing. When I say passing I mean the hot water mixing in the actual valve itself and not on the outlet of the valve. This would cause a backfeed. In this case a new mixer valve would be needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back