shower rail options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have recently renovated my bathroom and need some advice on the shower rail. Not a burning question but I'm a bit stuck.

I have a shower over the bath arrangements and currently have a wall to wall spring loaded pole thing. Not a thing of beauty. I cannot have a glass or folding style shower screen as the bath has a boxed in section behind the taps area which is not level with the bath, if you see what I mean.

I did investigate one of those free standing poles - that fix to one wall only and just stick out about 40 odd inches which would look better. But these apparently have to be fixed to a 'proper' wall. The wall is a plasterboard wall however - I have no idea why as the wall in question actually goes to the outside of the house, I guess there is a cavity of sorts.

Any suggestions welcome.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Hang it from the ceiling at one end and fixed to the wall at the other end.

But ensure the ceiling mounting ( which is the same item as a wall mounting ) is fitted to a joist to take to weight. Have done this with an L shaped rail with the short leg turned vertically to the ceiling.

Thanks for that. Was hoping to avoid that option, but still ...

Sponsored Links
If your rail is secured at only one end it becomes very vunerable to being pulled out of its fixings, you would only need to tread on the curtain and then.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back