Shower rear entry elbow problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello people,

Hoping somebody can advise. Had no luck with 'rear entry' using the search function :oops: Not brace enough to try google :p

I'm fitting a Triton thermostatic power showers.

I've got my supply pipes (15mm copper) coming out of the wall horizontally just at the right place :D

The shower instructions say, when using the rear entry method the plastic elbows supplied must be used. Problem is - the plastic elbows are rubbishy plastic speed fit things, for the life of me I cannot get these plastic chaps to seal when applied to the cooper supply pipes.

I've tried using brass compression fittings, leak free, but they are too bulky to fit into the shower above the inlets.

I'm thinking of cutting of the nicely formed 90 deg bends on my supply pipes ( :cry: ) and fitting flexis to them, with a bit of plastic 15mm on the end - hoping the plastic pipe will seal against the plastic elbows.

Is that a good idea? Or does anybody out there have any other suggestions?

Any help greatly appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
Why not use the compression fittings :?:

Push fit should not be used on shower inlets.

Is your shower an electric one or flush mounted mixer type :?:

BTW I have never had any problem with rear entry before :LOL:

cheers for the reply mate :)

Its a power shower.

Shower inlets are vertical 3/4 of the way up the shower.

inlets are push fit that accept 15mm pipe.

How would you connect it up ? Tried brass compression fittings with copper pipe attached but it is too bulky for the back of the shower (That's why the instructions say use supplied elbow - its a low profile plastic thing)

should I have used plastic piping for a rear entry ? :rolleyes:

cheers!

Did you use a pipe cutter to to get a nice round end, I have never had any problems with these type of fittings, I also lube up using silicone lube before pushing onto pipes.

Sponsored Links
cheers.

I used a pipe cutter and made sure the fitting is well after the bend on the pipe.

A Flexi with a bit of plastic 15mm in it is my only other alternative, any drawbacks ?

cheers for the advice gents :D

if you managed to seat the push fit fitting how did you get it off again, :?:

Is the o-ring present inside the push fit fitting.
:?:
Don't put your finger in there though. :D

The fitting is the type with a collar that you pull back to insert & release the pipe. I assume that is a push-fit ?

Problem is it isn't sealing when the copper 15mm is pushed in (vigorously after a quick rub down with steel wool).

cheers :)

Indeed :D I'm after suggestions from you though, not wisecracks :D

Are you pushing the push fits all the way home, these fitting have 2 points of resistence when fitting & if you don't get it past the second one then they will leak.

Yes mate they are defo. right in. They have been rubbed down and lubed and still no joy.

Do you know if using flexis can cause problems ?

cheers for replying :)

Definately not understanding why you are getting leaks with these fittings, something not adding up somewhere, maybe a good time to tackle the manufacturer of the shower and ask them what the problem is and send one of their engineers out to sort it for you, I mean if it's definately not down to your competence then the goods are not fit for the purpose of etc etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back