rear entry shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plumber did the plumbing for a shower before the electrician got the wiring ready and he's gone on holiday so I'm trying to want to finish it. Shower fits on with a brass compression elbow, but attaching this to the pipe makes the shower sit 15mm too far out from the wall. The pipe is buried too close to the surface of the wall to dig it out a bit so the elbow will be in the right place. Is there a better fix than chopping out a chunk of the wall and fitting a 180 degree "half-loop" so the elbow can sit further back?

Had an idea, what is the very slimmest solder elbow you can get? There is enough room in the shower to have the elbow face up and the wiring enter from a different location and without the compression nut can cut the pipe shorter.

Fixed my own problem, ask the B&Q to measure their slim elbow for me and it will fit doing that. Maybe that was the plumbers plan, can't ask him since his phone is off.

Sponsored Links
what shower is it ?

i useally fit an end feed elbow on the pipe out of the wall a section of
copper pipe in the elbow and then a straight coupler.

what shower is it ?

i useally fit an end feed elbow on the pipe out of the wall a section of
copper pipe in the elbow and then a straight coupler.

Tried that but wasn't enough room, maybe my straight coupler is huge and naff, which do you use?

Sponsored Links
Rear entry in the shower can be very tricky as the soap and shampoo makes everything very slippy ;) :LOL:

Rear entry in the shower can be very tricky

trust you.
but it is poss.
2468.gif

Rear entry in the shower can be very tricky as the soap and shampoo makes everything very slippy ;) :LOL:

would have thought that making things slippy can only assist with rear entry - so the wife tells me anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back