elec shower, please help...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Installing new electric shower. Bottom left rear connection. I have 10mm mains pipe coming through tiled wall and 15mm plastic inlet. Today I bought 10mm comp elbow, 15mm compression elbow and 10x15 end feed reducer. The reducer doesn't seem to fit the elbows. Please help,
Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Buy a 15mm spigot reducer to 10mm. This will push int the 10mm elbow and bring it up to 15mm. From here you can connect to the inlet.

Why is the mains in 10mm anyway?

You should have run in it 15mm all the way to the shower to give you a better flow rate.

Sponsored Links
I had a plumber in fitted new bath and sunk previously exposed mains pipe into wall and then plastered wall. He left the blanked 10mm pipe sticking out. I sort of thought it should have been 15. And why does the copper end reducer not fit in the 10mm elbow?

Not sure if there would be room after putting that spigot on inlet' its near the bottom. Would a pic help?

I had a plumber in fitted new bath and sunk previously exposed mains pipe into wall and then plastered wall. He left the blanked 10mm pipe sticking out. I sort of thought it should have been 15. And why does the copper end reducer not fit in the 10mm elbow?

The 10mm end of the end feed reducer is the same size as your 10mm compression elbow. It is designed for 10mm pipe to be inserted into it.

As Dan and co put me right you'll probably be fine with 10mm pipe as being an electric shower the flow is reduced anyway to allow the water time to be heated. Depends on the power of the shower what flow rate can be achieved at the temperature you take your showers.

I have my utility and kitchen taps each supplied by dedicated 10mm pipe - the measured flow rate would be fine for a 10kW shower @35 degree rise.

From the sound of it the OP has an external reducer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back