Shower recommendations....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people
Finally had enough of my rubbish electric shower and want to try a thermostatic mixer type shower to run off my combi boiler.
Can anyone point me in the direction o f a good model that will give me a good deluge type flow from a not too powerful boiler?
I have to keep my bathroom tap only half open to give a good temperature when filling a bath....
Any advice appreciated

Sponsored Links
These Bar Mixer Bath/Shower types are great. Just change your Bath taps, if it's over the Bath?
Perhaps having more details & your boiler details will help. Make & model.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161284842720

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Mira or Aqualisa are two of the better known and more reliable makes with a good spares network which makes servicing / repairs so much easier.

Just installed a Mira Agile ERD (Exposed Rigid Diverter) with an adjustable slider shower head and a fixed soaker type head very impressed with the flow and thermostatic control.

Installed on Vaillant Eco TEC Plus 831 / mains cold water.

Call me pragmatic or just a tight wad. But I like the Bar Type showers, they're cheap & can be replaced in 10 minutes.

I replaced our Bar Shower mixer valve with one from eBay, it was just over 20 Quid. It works just as well as branded showers & the quality is exceptional.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply guys.
That eBay link looks interesting but unfortunately my tap is at the other end of the bath to the existing electric shower and screen....
My boiler is a Vokera compact he (24)
Although the hot water is fine pressure wise and heat wise in the kitchen the bathroom like I said not as good.....

How are you planning to feed the hot then?

Is there access to behind the existing shower? Like a partition?

You could tee into the hot supply going to the bath tap & run the pipe under the bath & up to a shower.
Or simply change the shower to over the Bath at the tap end & use what I posted up.

You're never going to get a "deluge-type shower" off such a low powered boiler. It'll be better than your electric shower but it's not going to be stunning

Are there any hot & cold pipes in your loft? If there are, a ceiling-fed shower might be your best option. Aqualisa are very good showers and their Visage Digital range come with ceiling-fed options. Bristan also do a ceiling-fed shower

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back