Shower Riser Clamp Query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My shower riser is plastic, as is the clamp. I have just changed the head to a positional arm head, and now the hose connects to a threaded bolt thing which is shorter than the grip can hold. If i position the head so that the hose runs through the grip and the arm starts at the top, it is not strong enough to support the weight and slips round.

What can I do? if i slip the bolt into the grip I cannot connect the hose fully and it leaks when the shower is on.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the angle of the dangle flange is incompatible with the sprocket socket cross sectional profile :rolleyes:

Recon you'll have to get a new riser/clamp that is compatible with your new head.

Sponsored Links
Clamps and shower heads have various arrangements. Sometimes the clamp holds on the head, sometimes on the end of the hose. There are various types of fittings. The riser is also held away from the wall by various distances dependant on fittings. If you go back to where you got your new head from you should be able to find a clamp that is suitable for it. If this clamp is not suitable for your riser, you may need to get a new riser to go with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back