Shower room refurb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to have my shower unit changed.

The current set up whist not a wet room as such is in an alcove with a raised tiled floor and not a shower tray.

Im not a big fan of trying to gauge prices from the experts here but that's exactly what Im going to ask !

So the job in hand is to

1. remove existing glass screens which is in three pieces and put aside for re-fixing later.
2. Pull up tiled floor and wet wall splash back board on three sides.
3. remove shower /fittings which is attached to wall

Some investigating to be done under the tiled floor, we are unsure what the slight raised step is made from, concrete base or some type of ply wood, Shower did have bad leaks so if wood it may not be suitable for reuse.

The quote I have received is to do the above, make a good / new base, tank the shower area, check waste pipe connections and make goods if needs be.

Then re-tile floor and walls and refit glass screen and shower.

In addition I have asked for a small cut away alcove hole cut into the wall for soap / shampoos etc

The complete area for tiling is approx 8.5 Square meters.

I am a little surprised with the quote received but I may well be way off the mark and am hoping to get an idea what other trades people would think is a reasonable price for the job.

All Tiles, Adhesive and grout will be supplied by me, anything else mentioned above is involved in the quote.

It seems from research that the tile part alone at just 8.5 square meters would probably be no more than about £ 300.00.

my received quote is very different to that but then there is all the other bits and pieces involved.

I will refrain from mentioning the complete quoted price so not to influence advise.

I can discuss the offer with the company quoted but I know as soon as I question the price a little bit of client / contractor trust is lost.

Thanks for any advise received / given

Sponsored Links
Given that we dont know the site conditions then, perhaps, if you posted the claimed quote it would give responders a benchmark to work from?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back