shower running at a dribble only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me with my shower it is thermastaticly controlled running from the combi boiler it was fitted in June 2006 in our new loft conversion in the ensuite, it was going well until two weeks ago now all we get is a dribble of water out of it, the water pressure in the taps is the same as it has always been (good) the only differnce we know off is that we now have the central heating on but we turned the radiators off and the shower still didnt work it is just like low water pressure. has any one got any ideas what could be wrong.
I have looked up putting an electric shower in but they all run of header tanks that we dont have.

Sponsored Links
You wont need a header tank for an electric shower BUT worth persevering with your combi mixer. Try taking the shower head off and running it as the head could be clogged up with scale. :D

Thanks Bahco couldnt get shower head off so unscrewed the hose attached to the head and hey presto it was blocked now running fast again, what great places these forums are thanks again.
Anne

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back