Shower screen seal.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a few problems with my bath/ shower screen, it leaks in the bottom corner by the hinge and along the edge at the bottom.
Could the latter of the two be fixed with a bath screen barrier rail and a new seal?
Is there any point in a barrier rail, I mean is it just out there as an aesthetic piece or does it do the job I think it might?

Also with the first of my problems, the leaking hinge. Now this isn't from the hinge it's self its from right at the bottom corner where the seal "meets" the door. Any ideas how I can sort this leak out as I can't put the bath panel on until it stops as its soaking the chipboard floor every time we shower?

Sponsored Links
To be honest, most of the shower screens i've seen, leak in one way or another. Better off with a bog standard shower curtain,, they don't look as good and they're cheaper to buy, but at least they keep the water in the bath.

Sponsored Links
come to my house and see how well the ladies of the house keep the water in with a shower curtain.....not. ill lend you a pair of wellis :evil:

come to my house and see how well the ladies of the house keep the water in with a shower curtain.....not. ill lend you a pair of wellis :evil:

That is one invitation I will take you up on. But, to save me some travelling time, could you just upload a video or some pictures of the ladies taking their showers? :eek: :LOL: :oops:

peeping_tom_300.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back