Shower sealing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI guys, wish i knew this place was here earlier.
I had a leak in my shower enclosure and it was obviously on the vertical bit where the side glass panel and frame meet the tiled wall and tray beneath. That corner. In certain circumstances wster had been leaking and rotten the silicone on the outside of the corner and then some of the door frame behind.
Finally had someone come out and ended up uding someone who responded to mybuilder job post.
He started telling me a few things and no idea if he did all he said or just covered up. But he ended up sealing in places tgat probably didnt need it. He used clear silicone so definitely cant be 100% sure if removed any old or went over.
He also sealed the inside verticals inc where the tile meets frame but everywhere i read suggested that was not to be done.
When i asked him he got very defensive but my worry now is its not done properly and the only way to be 100% sure is to yake out tge shower cublicle and have someone refit.
I coukd be worrying over nothing as dealing inside and out does logically seem a good idea but still worried from what i have read.
On the other hand i am planning on redoing the whole en suite later this year or early next so hope its fine until then.
And if there are any recommended bathroom fitters on here from west yorkshire, would be good to get contact details.
Thanks and sorry for long message.

Sponsored Links
If its not worked try yourself. Use CT1... no point doing it properly if your fitting a new shower room...

Do your home work and try to see reviews and possibly an installation they gave already done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back