Shower thermostatic mixer - no cold water - hot okay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone could help. The shower has a thermostatic mixer (I think) and there is no cold water. The hot water is fine. There are no other issues with the cold water elsewhere in the property. The water hasn't been turned off as far as I am aware. There is no tank in the loft. The house was built four years ago and we haven't had any such problems before. If anyone could help I'd be very grateful.

Sponsored Links
whats the make/model of the shower ?
is it a bar mixer ?
have you checked any isolation valves to the shower or the filters ?

whats the make/model of the shower ?
I'm going to work out how to upload a picture as there is no way for me to be able to identify the manufacturer / model.

is it a bar mixer ?
I'm not sure what a bar mixer is.
have you checked any isolation valves to the shower or the filters ?
I have no idea where the isolation valves and filters would be.

Please don't give up on me. Once again, thanks for your help. I'm going to see if I can upload a photo now.

bar mixer.
t2007.jpg

Sponsored Links
i don't recognise that mixer at all.
i'll have a search see if i have any info on it.

Thanks very much. You are very kind. Much appreciated. I couldn;t find anyhting when I searched images in google.

I would suggest you find/identify the maker of this bar mixer. when you have this you will need to order the cartridge. to replace should take 10 mins max. If there is H/C water getting to the shower this is the problem.

Personally, but I don't have as much of an insight into such matters as Mr Lewis, I would ascertain whether there is any blockage in the pipework leading to, and connection onto, the shower inlet.

Buy, hey, what do I know :confused:

Also, the ops shower doesn't look much like a bar to me. Specsavers here I come :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back