Shower trap

M

marsaday

View media item 76140
I am fitting a new shower tray and the trap i bought from tool station is ok, but the hole i have cut out from my new platform is still not big enough to accommodate the arm bit, just the circular main body.

So i can either cut a bigger hole, or can i buy a trap which has a bigger drop on it. The current trap is 9cm in height and i have 12-13cm to play with.

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
How thick is your plalform?

I would cut around for circular main body and around the arm only with waste pipe drop by 2 x 45 degree bend.

Daniel.

Platform is 25mm, plus what ever depth of bed i use for the tray (cement or adhesive, still not decided yet)

Ok i suppose that is the only way to do it.

Sponsored Links
Yes just cut out some more to accommodate the trap including the compression nut. 25mm is a good thickness and will be fine.

Not sure what tray you are fitting but if it is to be bedded onto a layer of mortar, bear in mind that the tray, trap and waste pipe will all sit a bit higher than if it was directly on the board, so make sure there is enough clearance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back