shower tray base question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

I am currently finishing building a shower tray base to hold a 1700 x 700 stone resin shower tray as in the picture, my query is what is the best was to be able to still get access to the waste trap and pipe work should I need to. The base is going down onto a concreate floor, so i had two thought's of how to maybe do it but not sure if it will be right.

1st idea was to cut out the marked section and then put some feet under that section to support the ply and base or maybe even cut it out and place it back to make it removeable.

2nd idea was to just cut some sections out of the wood but then is this going to cause issue with support?

Any ideas welcome as best way forward.

1669653301014.png

Sponsored Links
Just cut a section out of the length long enough to get your hand in, as long as you are using an 18mm top then that little missing section won't have any impact on the support the board will offer the tray. There's very little that can be achieved later down the line by gaining access to the trap anyway but it will be good as a visual aid as the only point that will leak in the compression joint at the waste. Also helps with fitting the waste to the tray and visual testing.

Just ensure there is at leat a 25mm/m fall on the waste pipe and it should be self cleaning, that and perform a cleaning regime once a month on the waste system, boiling water with de-greaser and if long hair is an issue then use a hair catcher.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back