Shower Tray Height (25/45mm)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I am having a new shower enclosure fitted as part of a bathroom renovation. We are going it have a Simpsons/crosswater design 8 offset quad enclosure and there are two different options of resin tray we are considering, a 25mm (SLQ91200L) and a 45mm (SRQ91200LH). It seems that lower trays are the fashion these days but we are a bit concerned about increased risk of overflow. The 25mm also looks a bit more modern than the 45mm. We have a bit of trouble with my wife's long hair sometimes blocking the outlet but wonder if this is less of a concern with modern higher flow waste outlets?

Any other aspects to consider or can I just buy the fancier looking one? The 45 is also a bit cheaper than the 25 (£50/20%).

Attachments

• 25mm-offset-quad-tray_w635_h476.jpg
    25mm-offset-quad-tray_w635_h476.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Simpsons-Showers-SRQ81200LH-med.jpg
    Simpsons-Showers-SRQ81200LH-med.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
Most shower tray wastes have a little cup which sits under the shroud/grate which collects hair, so that shouldn’t be a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back