shower tray problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently had a slim line shower tray and pvc walls installed. however the plumber does not seemed to have bedded the shower tray in properly because when you use the shower the tray moves very slightly and a small gap appears between shower tray and pvc board appear. instead of ripping all out(at great Expense!) i was considering drilling up from the ceiling below and injecting some kind of material eg foam, cement etc to support the tray and prevent movement. ive heard suggestions of useing expanding foam but im not sure. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
How exactly has he bedded the shower tray? Do you know?

Best solution will be to take it all out, since it sounds like a problem with the subfloor, as opposed to anything the plumber has done wrong.

Expanding foam will justs create a big mess for when you have to do it properly. ;) Dont do it.

i think he levelled the floor before putting the shower tray in. as for bedding i dont think he did any. the tray is slimline and it feels as if there is movement when you're standing in the middle, as though there is no support in the middle. as for the foam i think i will stay clear thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back