Shower tray problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a problem with a new shower tray i am installing.

The wate is directly over a 8 inch joist, to accommodate this i would have to check out a 4x4 portion, which i am not happy to do. How would you more experienced folk overcome this issue?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
rob1976 said:
Hi,

I have a problem with a new shower tray i am installing.

The wate is directly over a 8 inch joist, to accommodate this i would have to check out a 4x4 portion, which i am not happy to do. How would you more experienced folk overcome this issue?

Cheers

Can you not turn the tray so the waste doesnt come out over the joist?

Sponsored Links
Ok-looks like you'll have to raise it then-can be a pain i know it gives quite a step up to raise it enough to clear the trap--you could always mark out the floor and cut out the floorboarding and a little bit of the joist just to lower it as much as possible.

i had a similar problem so i have raised my slimline shower tray on a plinth -

my problem is now i have a big gap under my shower and cannot seem to find a panel to cover it up - anyone know where i could buy one from? My shower quadrant is 900mm (curved)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back