shower tray squeaking against tanking membrane?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm after some advice on how to stop my new shower tray squeaking against the tanking membrane on the walls??

i've not fixed the shower tray yet, but when I had a "dry-run", there was a lot of sqeaking between the shiny gelcoat of the shower tray and the rubbery tanking on the walls.

Are there any techniques to stop this squeaking in the long term?

I was thinking about putting a couple of fat beads of silicone around the tray and then just push gently up to the wall?

Anyway, any bright ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
What material is the shower tray made from? Squeaking means it's flexing and that will be an issue when it comes to making it watertight. Sounds like the tray needs better support to stop it moving in the first place.

As above, if it's squeaking, it's moving. If it moves, it'll never stay water tight.

If it's moving it's either not flat (might need to pack under the tray or level it with the feet) or the floor is flexing allowing it to move in which case you really need to strengthen the floor...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back