shower tray upstands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone tell me if you can get anything to fit to a shower tray that acts like a upstand, I know its best that they are shaped with and upstand as one complete unit but the one I have to fit does not have an upstand.

It is made of stone of some sort like a bathroom sink I suppose and we just want to get the best seal possible as we are worried a little about just having a pure silicon seal between bottom tile and tray.

Any help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Don't add anything to the tray - it won't work.

If the walls are sound, the flooring all fixed down, and the tiling job a good one, then you won't have a problem.

Before you tile, seal the tray to the wall with silicone sealant.

Aim for a 2mm gap between bottom tile and tray surface, and don't grout that gap. When the grout is dry, fill that 2mm gap with silicone sealant.

Use only top quality mildew resistant sealant.

Edited to correct some appalling grammar.

You could use a teleseal but the method softus has described is spot on. I've done two like this and not had a leak.

Sponsored Links
Usually necessary for plasterboard, but usually not for WBP ply. ;)

I certainly didn't mean to start anything g; I'm just saying that WBP is superior.

BTW, have you tried tiling onto Hardiebacker board? Am doing some tomorrow and haven't decided on the glue yet. Any thoughts?

I certainly didn't mean to start anything g; I'm just saying that WBP is superior.
Bah, behave.
BTW, have you tried tiling onto Hardiebacker board? Am doing some tomorrow and haven't decided on the glue yet. Any thoughts?
Depends on the tile size, little uns, use white star or similar. Big uns, use rapid set flex.
Good luck.

Bah, behave.
bowdown.gif

Depends on the tile size, little uns, use white star or similar. Big uns, use rapid set flex.
Only 200x250s, and I have some N&C premix to use up, so that'll do.

Good luck.
Er, eh?

Surely you're not dissing cement board? If not, then where does luck come into it? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back