shower upstands are not flush - any solution?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we've just had an ensuite built and have a snag before tiling

The shower area is 800*800mm and is built using aquapanel.

I bought the shower tray with 4 upstands.

On two of the sides the upstand is flush with the aquapanal. On one side it is flush except for about 200mm where at the worst point the upstand probably protrudes by about 8-10mm.

The plumber has bedded in the shower tray so I can't shift it.

The tiles we are using are 300*100mm and we will be tiling them so the longer side is vertical and we are going to stagger them in a vertical style brick formation.

What is the best way round the protruding upstand.

I was thinking of putting silicone behind the upstand. And on the first row of tiles I was going to use a trowel with bigger notches so there is a thicker bed of adhesive so the tiles will be at a slight angle.

Is this the only way?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Take the aquapanel off the wall, pack out the studwork then refix the aquapanel.

8-10mm is too much to try and take up with adhesive and the wall is obviously not straight. If you are going to pack it out with adhesive use a powdered one not readymix as it is not designed to be put on too thickly and will not set correctly.

Jason

take aquapael off and screw 9.5mm plasterboard on and replace aquapanel.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back