Shower tray waste position?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking for advice, I have bought a new property and the shower waste is fitted opposite to the shower head, we have complained about this as when you get out you walk through the water taken it out the shower, is this fitted correctly as builders are adamant it's right.tia

Attachments

• PXL_20220627_143051724.jpg
    PXL_20220627_143051724.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 182
  • PXL_20220627_143103529.jpg
    PXL_20220627_143103529.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 146
Sponsored Links
It strikes me as being a silly place to position the waste but I guess it was more convenient for the builder.

I would not be happy.

It's not exactly wrong, not very clever but technically not wrong as it's wherever they have ran the waste pipe below. It's certainly not the most clever either though, it's ripe for mechanical damage being stood on as it's right in the footfall area.

I would sugeest there is a case to argue but I reckong you'll have quite and argument on your hands trying to make your case. It would be a major heachache for them to fix as the whole shower area would need to be deconstructed ... from the tiles off, tray lifted, waste re-run, wall repaired (tiles own't come off without the plasterboard going), tray re-fitted and sealed and then re-tiled.

Sponsored Links
As above, slightly odd positioning but a lot of mess and disruption to alter it. It's likely been put that way round for the easiest run to the soil stack. Turning it round may well mean that it needs to be raised up onto a plinth to allow the drainage to work correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back