Shower Tray Waste Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of fitting a new bathroom but have come to a problem with fitting the shower waste. The waste position falls right over a joist. I have been trying to find a really shallow waste to maybe notch the joist for it to fit but have had no luck at all.

I have been considering getting a new shower tray with a waste that is positioned differently but really only want to do that as a last resort.

Oh, it's a quadrant corner enclosure by the way.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I had the same with my shoewr tray at home.
Had to buy a riser kit to bring it off of the floor.
Do you know the manufacturer of the tray?

S*ds law says that any waste trap that has to go below floor board level will be in the way of a joist.

So if you buy a tray with the waste in a differant place it will get into a tangle with a differant joist.

2 ways round this build a platform from 3x2 or 4x2 to lift the shower tray up and so be clear of the joist.

or build a false wall so the tray is moved along the floor so it clears the joist.

Do not cut the joist unless you wish to finnish having your shower in the kitchen.

David

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I think im going to go down the route of building a base for the shower tray. I figure if I build the platform around the 100mm mark I should be ok. Most of the wastes come up around 80mm and I can then run a 40mm flexi-waste under the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back