Shower tray wastes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How exactly does a Zamori shower tray high flow waste work?

Sponsored Links
Water goes down A into B and forms a trap in B.
Water overflows from holes C to exit via waste pipe.
Water in B stays as water trap.

Water goes down A into B and forms a trap in B.
Water overflows from holes C to exit via waste pipe.
Water in B stays as water trap.

What I meant to ask is how does this design make the water flow down the waste pipe any quicker.

What is happening in our shower tray is that the water is not going down quickly enough except when I pull out the plastic cup "B" and then the water disappears immediately from the rather full shower tray.

Your further thoughts would be appreciated.

What I meant to ask is how does this design make the water flow down the waste pipe any quicker.

What is happening in our shower tray is that the water is not going down quickly enough except when I pull out the plastic cup "B" and then the water disappears immediately from the rather full shower tray.

I've always been dubious of these 'convoluted' shower traps. Your experience reinforces my doubts.

We have something similar, but it works well as the waste water is pumped with a Whale Gulper type pump.

What sort of shower do you have?

Sponsored Links
We have a 1700 x 800 mm Zamori shower tray with fast flow waste and leg set, and the actual shower is a Grohe Euphoria 27296 shower with fixed head and handset. For the life of me I can't understand how the plastic shower trap can make the water flow more quickly.

For the life of me I can't understand how the plastic shower trap can make the water flow more quickly.

It can't. Just sounds good to prospective customers. Water will only flow away at a rate the pipework allows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back