shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am currently fitting a new shower tray together with multi-panel and a new door. The showere tray has a lip all the way aroung it and so for the three sides in the recess i am going to put the multipanel inside the lip. My problem is though where do i put the door and do i need a special door if it has to go inside the tray as well. I was going to fabrictae some sort of step in front of the tray to put the door onto as it was previously but am not sure what the best way is.

thanks
Trevor

Sponsored Links
tflda29 said:
My problem is though where do i put the door
I don't understand your dilemma - surely the door goes wherever the walls aren't?

...and do i need a special door if it has to go inside the tray as well.
It's usual to get the tray and door/frame/enclosure from the same supplier, so that you know they will match.

sorry i didn't make myself very clear there......i was wondering should i put the shower door on the inside of the lip on the tray or can i build a step in front of the tray and mount the door on that or would that lead to leaks.

thanks
Trevor

Sponsored Links
tflda29 said:
sorry i didn't make myself very clear there......i was wondering should i put the shower door on the inside of the lip on the tray
Yes.

...or can i build a step in front of the tray and mount the door on that
No.

...or would that lead to leaks.
Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back