Cutting Resin Shower Tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Need to replace a fairly new cracked "The Shower Tray Company Square Shower Tray White Gloss 900 x 900 x 35mm" (seems like others had the similar issue https://community.screwfix.com/threads/why-would-this-happen.208004/)........:-(

The space is very limited, not helped by the fact that the tray has gone inside/under the panels by 30mm on all sides (under 1m shower panels) - most likely glued to the moisture boards. In effect, the area between the walls are 870mm, and limited by other factors including the door frame (not bio-fold door which will be removed).

I supposed I can arrange for it to be cut and remove the shower tray to save the panels. I am thinking of arrange someone to cut the tray to exact size, 870mm, both to save the consequential damages, and also would be easier to get it out in future if need be.

Other than the guy messing up the cut, would that have any adverse effect in terms of durability of the tray?

Sponsored Links
Warranty void.
Product strength compromised.
Having said that... I've had to take a grinder to the back of customer selected wc pans before now... Side entry soil vs fully back to wall pan :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back