Shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to fit 1000mm x1000mm resin stone shower tray and wondered if there is anything I should do before laying it on the 25mm marine ply floor and connecting up the trap. The trays very heavy so unlikely to move especially once the floor tiles are laid, is there anything else I need to.

Sponsored Links
what do the mi say do ?
follow them or you'll end up with problems.
what does it say to bond tray to floor, silicone, tile addhesive, cement etc
seal the edges with silicone before pushing into place etc.

what do the mi say do ?
follow them or you'll end up with problems.
what does it say to bond tray to floor, silicone, tile addhesive, cement etc
seal the edges with silicone before pushing into place etc.
Yep, I agree with seco. I always follow the MI's for ANYTHING! That way if it goes wrong you can make a claim to the Manufactures. If you don't follow their lead (the MI's) then they have the argument that you failed to follow procedure, even if the problem has nothing to do with that procedure!

Thanks for replies.No MI's came with tray (Ebay) thats why I'm asking, so I need to put a bed of motar/tile adhesive or silicone down first and then silcone the edges that will come into contact with the wall. Which is the most common that's used for the bed.

Sponsored Links
when i fitted my shower tray i used 2x12mm ply and a surface access trap
the waste ring that connects the waste pipe onto the trap prevented the trap seating properly untill i took an angle grinder to remove 6mm hollow underneath to allow the ring top to fit into

clear as mud eehh ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back