Shower trays!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, just about to fit a quadrant shower tray. There is no securing fixings and the upright frame means that i would haveto fix it directly to the tiles. I would prefer to secure the base to the wall and then tile down to it andsecure the uprights to the tiles. If I leave room for tiles behind the upright the quadrant frame dosent fit the shower tray! Any suggestions? Should i just tile the inside? is this a bad design?

Sponsored Links
can't see why it don't fit they are adjustable.
i always tile and fit frame uprights to the tiles.

Yep, fit tray then tile, then fit uprights/enclosure.

The frame permits enough adjustability for fitting over tiles. You are allowed to decrease the curvature of the frame marginally to make sure that it runs parallel to the outside edge of the tray, if that's what's worrying you.

Unless your tiles are excessively thick, that is ;)

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply, seems a crap design though as its not adjustable. when the uprights are in place against the space left for a tile, i need to pull the tray away 5-7ml to allow the quadrant to fit. I guess i shouldn't buy a cheap design. lesson learnt!

So to clarify - if you were to place the uprights near the outer edge of the tray, and with the tray pushed hard up against the wall, then the inclusion of the tiles would force the curved frame beyond the arc of the tray?

What make is this?

Yip dextrous, it fits flush as long as the tray and enclosure are adhered to the same surface. There is no allowance for tiles or any way to adjust for them. The make is. i have had it for some time and it isnt even stamped with a manufacturers name. I guess you will say that this is where my problem lies- Cheap internet crap!!

Actually does anyone know how i should best ensure that this is held to teh wall, i was considering adding a length of batten and making some small brackets that i could recess past plasterboard onto the wall. it all feels a bit flimsy just hoping that a slilacome seal would hold it in place? any thoughts???

Curious indeed! As you probably are aware, the "normal" quadrants that we're used to require the uprights to be fitted to the wall(over tiles), and the frame slots into this and adjusted until it sits pretty, then drilled and (self-tapping) screwed into this position.

Not much use for you, however. The only advice I can give you here will be to ensure that you tank the walls, squirt a load of silicon down between the tray and the walls prior to tiling and use plastic/rubber L shape sealant fittings to create the seal at the bottom, and then tile over this.

Bed the tray on wet mortar - this will work it's way into the recess under the rim and it'll never move.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back