Shower waste holding water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey I have installed a shower trap that after the shower drains there is always a circle of water around the chrome shower waste. Any one had this before?

Sponsored Links
Yes, only a very small amount of water. Is the chrome waste higher than this shower surface?

Daniel.

On the surface on waste fitting where water run over to drain away, is there a washer above shower tray, it might be too thick. If I find any waste fitting that stick out too high because of upper washer, I usually remove upper washer and apply silicone to seal between shower tray and bottom of waste flange.

Daniel.

Sponsored Links
No I just used silicone no washer on top flange. Is it liable to starting leaking if its holding water?

Nah, you have a bottom washer below tray so it should be fine.

There isn't much you can do, there always be a little bit of water after a shower, it will dried up.

Daniel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back