shower waste routing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm having a bit of difficulty in routing the waste from my shower as the pipe has to go through a joist which is up against the wall and then through the wall, i don't think i can get a hole through as there is not enough space between the joist to get a drill in.
my other option is to drop the waste through the ceiling run along the wall and back out to the soil stack, the room below is the garage so it doesn't matter about having a waste running along the wall, it's about a 10ft run in all to the soil stack can anyone see any reason why this wouldn't be acceptable, thank :D

Sponsored Links
nope - but would advise that you use 50mm pipe rather than 40mm since less likely to get clogged up over distances - you'll have to go to proer plumber merchant for this and adaptor for existing 40mm shower waste outlet.

great that will save me a lot of work, i'll use 50mm pipe then thx :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back