shower waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Can anyone help please.
Just changed over a bath for a shower. Its in an upper flat and to get a run on the waste pipe I had to lower it below the floor. Have heard from the downstair neighbor that they have water leaking from their extractor. On inspection it would appear that by lowering the waste pipe it has brought it into conflict with the extractor and water from waste is bridging across to the extractor outlet. Does anyone know a cure or failing that the legal responsibilities.

Sponsored Links
So your pipes leaking? Surely you need to repair it, or am I missing something.

So your pipes leaking? Surely you need to repair it, or am I missing something.
No leak as such. The flats use s shared soil stack. Lowering the waste pipe to accomodate the shower to below the floor and the fact the extractor in the lower flat is mounted high on the wall means there is not enough of a height difference. Water from waste is bridging across the soil pipe and exiting through the extractor.

Hi.
If the extractor fan outlet is connecting into the soil pipe then this is illegal and needs to be removed.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back