Shower won’t go cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Recently moved into a new house and have a shower that will not go cold. Any ideas on what I need to do please? From what I’ve read I assume there is a valve in the temperature knob? I’ve took the cover off and took the screw out but the knob won’t come off.

Attachments

• 1B57B283-22F9-483B-A19C-CA5041C6B5A1.jpeg
    1B57B283-22F9-483B-A19C-CA5041C6B5A1.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Might be the filter in the cold is blocked or a isolation valve not open . Filter is water off remove shower from the wall and you will see them

Are you saying it wont move to cold or it stops when you turn it to cold? If its a thermostatic valve there may be an airlock in the cold supply stopping the water from flowing.

Is it gravity fed?

No it’s not gravity fed, it turns to cold okay but it doesn’t go cold, it gets slightly cooler but not a lot cooler. It’s okay for me but it’s a bit too hot for the kids to use.

Sponsored Links
If everything inside is ok I would suggest that it may have been adjusted hotter for the previous person, is the temp past the button point or is it pretty hot at the stop? if you've taken the screw out, make sure the control is turned back towards cold so the button is out then pull on the knob hard (ooer missus :sneaky:)

The test would be, take the right hand control knob off and then just using the spindle turn it anticlockwise until it stops and see if the temp goes cold - remember the position of the spindle so you can put it back correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back