Replacement TRV's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having some problems with my TRV's.
One cold rad upstairs so after reading posts here, I took the TRV off (Myson 2-Way jobs)
The pin in the valve goes up and down easily and when held halfway the rad fills with hot water.

So I took the knob off another rad and put it on this radiator and it works fine now. the knobs are all the same as far as I can see...Myson 2-Way

However, the rad I took it off is our bedroom and now it's freezing ! So I thought I would take the TRV knob off the downstairs WC and at least keep the bedroom warm... Trouble is, now I've taken the knob off it won't work either on the upstairs rad or the WC rad I took it off in the first place.

I have no instructions as these were on the rads when I moved in...any suggestions... think I have tried a number of combinations of putting back on full open, fully closed and half way, standing on one leg etc.... :?:

Any suggestions as now the toilet's cold ...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back