trv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have 10 rads and 3 are stone cold in last week. took off trv head and pulled up the pin( as i know sometimes the pins goes kanckered. stillnothing. pump is fine. do i need to get plumber to replace trv valves?

Sponsored Links
if the pin is free and going up/down ok the then trv's are not at fault.
are the cold rads on the same flow/returns ?
is the pipes hot near the rads at all ?

do the rads get hot when CH is on (with the TRV sensor heads removed) If so, the sensor head is faulty ...

otherwise could be an airlock / sludge blockage...

is system properley balanced? lockshiled vakves open at all?

Sponsored Links
honeywell. why isnt wise to gently pull pin up? did it few months ago and water started to flow into the rad nicely . must have been jammed then

honeywell. why isnt wise to gently pull pin up? did it few months ago and water started to flow into the rad nicely . must have been jammed then

Because the pins arent attached to anything and can pull straight out the valve. Try a couple of sharp taps on the valve with a small hammer

dont pull the pins!

Tap them and watch to see if they rise (ooh er). Pins will pull up easily but not neccessarily open the valve. They will then pull out and then GET YOUR HOSE ON QUICK!

why isnt wise to gently pull pin up?
Well, to start with, did you think about what you were trying to achieve?

Next, do you understand what the pin is attached to?

If so, what effect do believe that pulling up the pin is having on the internals of the valve?

And if you don't understand what the pin is attached to, then do you think it's wise to pull on it?

thanks for the advice from others like pablo. softus. you are a sad person. honestly. you must have no life . dear oh dear

pump is fine.
How did you test the pump?
tumbleweed.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back