Shower won't switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( I have a Triton Ivory 2 that won't turn off. The control knob appears to be working and is making the correct internal connections. Even when all electricity supply is swithed off to it, water continues to flow. Have isolated it from the main water supply to stop the flow, but any ideas as to why it's doing this? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Lucia T said:
Thanks for the technical advice!!! :rolleyes: Is that your professional opinion?? :LOL:

You can change the internal parts if you like but by the time you pay to get it checked to see exactly what`s going on, pay to have your shower removed, new part fitted & replaced, it would be cheaper to buy a new one if you can like for like & just pay to have the new one fitted. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I thought it may be terminal but it was worth a try. I've heard Triton showers are crap anyway.
Thanks again, Bamber :LOL:

Lucia T said:
Thanks for that. I thought it may be terminal but it was worth a try. I've heard Triton showers are rubbish anyway.
Thanks again, Bamber :LOL:

Had one for 5 years, I fitted it & it`s never let me down yet ;) but then again, I`m easily pleased. :D

Think yours is either an 8.5 or 9.5kw, much better than my cheapo aquatronic. :cry: ( told you I was easily pleased). :D I installed mine because my eleccy cable was only capable of supporting an electric shower up to 8kw, & I was selling the house :oops: Your electric cable should be 10mm so you can either fit the same ( might be discontinued) or fit one above 9kw which will give you a pretty good shower.

Mine's a 8.5. It worked really well (although the guy that installed it connected it straight to the main water supply with no service tap so that when it wouldnt turn off I had to run out into the road with my rod, dig the lid of the mains water tap out of the mud and switch it off - and next doors water). We have a really old house with no indoor stop cock (next job for me). I have isolated the water supply in the loft for the time being. It was a real pain at 10 o clock on a Friday evening :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back