Shower won't turn on straightaway.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 5 year old Showerforce 8.5 shower unit. Recently it stopped working when turned on at the unit but did turn on if the ceiling mounted pull cord was given a tug (not a full click). It occasionally responds if turned on and off again at the unit. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Think the obvious answer would be faulty power switch at the unit.The answer to that would be to turn off all power to shower (RCD) at fusebox and take off cover to test with multimeter. Might just be loose live connection in unit.

Thanks for that. I was hoping that the problem would be with the switch rather than the unit but that's me being lazy.

Thanks for that. I was hoping that the problem would be with the switch rather than the unit but that's me being lazy.

It might be but hard to tell from here, electrical circuit will need to be tested, easier to check at unit first,work way back.

Where are you? I might have a screwdriver long enough to remove the case from here. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that I'll give it a go this afternoon. Yours would probably have to be a seriously long screwdriver!

Just noticed water leaking, when eventaully it turns on, from the top of the nut which joins the hose to the unit. Could this be a factor and is it dangerous?

Plumbing and electrics aren't my thing, give me a lump of wood and I'm happy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back