Shower Z fitting to straight through?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. We tried to replace the shower bar from a Triton minuto this weekend with a Mira Coda. Unfortunately we couldn't because the bar fitting for the Mira is the straight through type and the z fitting threads aren't long enough.

Would we have to start digging tiles out to replace these or I'm thinking just get a new thermostat cartridge for the Triton?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Can you show us some pics of the Mira presented to the wall ?
How short are the z fittings ?
Would the Mira fit without the chrome pipe covers ?

Really need some pictures here to show what you're talking about

Can you show us some pics of the Mira presented to the wall ?
How short are the z fittings ?
Would the Mira fit without the chrome pipe covers ?
I think it may but the may look a bit strange. Wondering whether I can chop a cm or so off the vanity covers which are plastic

Sponsored Links
I wasn't suggesting that you fit the valve without the chrome covers , just trying to establish if it is the depth of the covers that's preventing the connections. Those covers do vary in depth and those z connections come in different lengths.
Is it the case that 1cm longer z connectors,or thinner covers would enable the shower valve to be fitted, if so ,could the old covers be used ?
I have a selection of those covers in different depths ,measure yours and tell us the size.

It's weird as you would (hope) they were all the same in design. The Mira's filters are way past where the Triton is. Both covers are the same depth. The Triton covers are alloy, however the Mira are plastic. I might mask and cut some off the depth of the Mira. Maybe half an inch or so and go from there. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back