Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am thinking of replacing my shower. it doesnt seem to get as hot as it used to :( . my old one is 7.5 kw i think. Can i just get any shower round about that or does it have to be another 7.5 kw one?
Also, is this easy to do?

Sponsored Links
If you get another 7.5kw then you

a) don't need to involve building control
b) can be sure you don't need to upgrade the cable (providing the original installation was upto scratch)

I advise you get the same make as before, because water and entry points arn't standard, even with the same make it might need a bit of adjustment, but with different ones, you have probably got very little chance of it matching up

:confused: building control . what do you mean? its my house. :eek: . i never knew i had to tell anyone that i am doing something in my house. i have done all sorts of stuff.
how do i know if my wiring is up to scratch? do you think that is why my shower isnt as hot as before?

Sponsored Links
MrBen said:
:confused: building control . what do you mean? its my house. :eek: . i never knew i had to tell anyone that i am doing something in my house. i have done all sorts of stuff.
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49116
how do i know if my wiring is up to scratch?
You can get a qualified electrician with the correct test equipment to perform a periodic inspection report (PIR).
do you think that is why my shower isnt as hot as before?
I doubt it, more likely a broken element although your electrician should be able to test this to be certain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back