Shrinking Filler

fbs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all you experts.This is my first posting please treat me gently!
Filled up lots of settlement cracks in rendered and plastered walls over the years with all kinds of fillers but the end results are always the same, filler shrinks back regardless of the claims made on the packaging and need refilling and rubbing down.I hope I have followed most of the rules, V them out, remove dust, wet them, even tried pva today with Tetrion Smart filler with the same results. Any suggestions? Cheers and a Happy New Year.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you are doing everything right..I hope they are not plasterboard walls though because raking then out will have cut through the reinforcing tape on the joints.

Most filler should hold up well nd shouldnt shrink the way you have described...I dont think it is shrinkage actually..I reckon the wall is on the move.

You could ty adding a little drop of PVA to the water you mix the filler with..say about 25%

Dont overfill though because it will be harder to rub down

Check those walls out ...give em a press to make sure they ant moving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back