1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Shs off wall?

Discussion in 'Building Regulations and Planning Permission' started by Eddm87, 11 Aug 2019.

1. Eddm87

Eddm87

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi all.
    Up to dpc on extension, put up the first steel with a bit of help and got the cement oversite raked and levelled the other day. Got the brickie coming round next week to start bricking up.
    I want to get the roof in pretty quickly after he is done. I can see that I need a steel beam upstairs to support the new timber post which in turn supports the new roof joist.

Plans show a shs (off the wall) which has a UB put on it.
    I don’t really understand how and where the supports go for it tho, if it’s basically off the existing wall plate there is no height for the beam to go.
    I can ask the SE but have asked him a fair amount now and this seems like it’s pretty obvious to people in the know so thought I would see if I can get any ideas from here

Thanks in advance.

Edd

5E4AD563-C633-4DE7-820E-2F595764ED8B.png

2. Leofric

Leofric

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Contact the SE anyway with any queries on the structural steelwork they have designed/specified. Why not :?::!: